Friday, February 18, 2011

Peach Sorbet *



It was so nice out today that the sun and the warmth made me want peaches. Unfortunately, it is quite a while until peach season is here and any "fresh" peaches the rest of the year are always unripe and unpleasant. Luckily I have this recipe for peach sorbet and it uses frozen peaches, not fresh!

16 oz bag frozen peaches
2 TBSP agave
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage

Combine the peaches, agave, and about half of the coconut milk in a food processor (use the metal blade for this). Puree the mixture until smooth, periodically stopping to add more of the coconut milk and stir with a spoon. It is best to serve the sorbet right away but it does alright when saved in the freezer for a few hours. If it happens to be too soft putting it in the freezer for a bit will fix that but try not to let it freeze solid or you'll have a large peach pop instead of sorbet.

2 comments:

  1. I miss summertime peaches and I love So Delicious vanilla coconut milk, so this would definitely be a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good recipe. Unfortunately, Peaches only start coming around fresh in June. The good news is, it's finally June! My folks just brought home a bunch of peaches so I've been looking at ways of preparing them. I just made this recipe, which was awesome: http://www.forkstofeet.com/2013/06/vegan-peach-sherbet-recipe.html
    I think I'll try using Agave and coconut milk next time though. I love my sugar, but agave is much better for you. Thanks for your recipe. Look forward to checking out more of them.

    ReplyDelete